Please check out our new Edson Chrysler Event Center Page
YELLOWHEAD AG SOCIETY
Facility Opening Guidelines
June 12 / COVID 19 PHASE 2 Amendment
Please review the phase 2 updates in regards to COVID 19 Regulations. We will continue to monitor Security cameras to ensure guidelines are being followed. If guidelines are not followed, the facilities will be shut down until further notice. Instructions on how to book the arena are below. Booking prices remain the same (refer to website)
We encourage all our renters and volunteers to stay informed and remain up to date on COVID-19 Developments via the Alberta COVID Website (CMOH provincial guidelines). Please refer to the COVID posters at the facilities.
Please refrain from utilizing the YAS Facilities or volunteering at the facilities if you are feeling sick, under quaritine or if you have travelled outside of Alberta in the last 14 days.
Hand Sanitizer and wipes will be available when entering the facility. Please be respectful and notify YAS if we are running out.
There will not be washroom facilities at the YAS grounds during the initial opening due to the fact that we do not have full time personnel to clean as per the COVID requirements. (with the exception of events - see below)
With the wipes provided, wipe down any surface that you touch (Muck forks, Muck cart, lights, etc.) before you leave the facility. Please use the open, lined garbages to dispose of wipes.
· Maintain social distancing in the parking lots leaving a significant distance between units. Please park in the areas indicated in the map below.
· Renters must always adhere to the 2-meter social distancing rules in the arenas (family members living in the same household are exempt as per the CMOH provincial guidelines)
There is a mandatory ½ hour between bookings. You MUST be out of the arena by the
end of your booking. For the outdoor
arena, private bookings will have a ½ hour buffer before and after the booking
so open riders must not arrive during this ½ hour.
· At each booking, YAS requires the names of every person in your booking (including spectators) so that we can track who has been in the facility (Renters must have a YAS membership and YAS must have your complete contact information). Please advise Donna Lowe, calendar contact by email of any additional riders/spectators that attend your booked session. If you are open riding at the outdoor arena, please write the time and everyone in attendance on an envelope located beside the outdoor bleachers on the North side.
· There will be a Maximum of 6 hours per person each week for private bookings.
· There is a maximum of 3 hours per booking.
· All other rules on website are the same, please read them for more info.
· The indoor will continue on a “Booking only” Basis – NO OPEN RIDING TIME SLOTS.
· Indoor arena maximum 20 people per booking (this includes spectators) unless an event form has been submitted – Park trailers by indoor arena. Ensure you follow social distancing and cleaning guidelines.
· To book the indoor arena, contact Donna Lowe, calendar scheduler by email. Once you receive confirmation of time slot your booking is secure. Do not assume you have secured arena if you have not received confirmation. If you see a spot is open – you can book it.
· Events can now be held in the indoor arena to a maximum of 50 people. (max 20 people in area at any given time)
o Hosts are responsible to ensure Social distancing plan is in place and standards are being followed.
o An event form must be submitted and approved by the board for any events, this will include anticipated numbers attendees and your social distancing plan meeting CMOH provincial guidelines.
· Hosts must have the names and numbers of participants before their event when possible, any unexpected attendees must be recorded. Suggest pre-registration for events. The list of all attendees must be submitted to YAS immediately following their event. Failure to comply will result in host’s inability to hold events while COVID restriction remain in place. Submit to Donna Lowe
o Washrooms can be used for events. It is the responsibility of the host to provide disinfectant, and clean before, between use and after the event as well as making sure they are stocked.
o All surface touched during the event require disinfection cleaning following event.
· The outdoor arena will now be open to open riding and bookings (Outdoor will require 5 hours notice for a booking) – Please refer to the calendar on the YAS website for available times for open riding. Any time that there is not a booking is considered open riding – note the 5 hour notice and make sure you are looking at the calendar so you don’t show up during a booking. (you will have to leave – bookings take precedence)
· Outdoor arena maximum 100 riders per booking. 100 spectator as long as groups don’t co-mingle (See rodeo CMOH provincial guidelines) This is for open riding, bookings, and events. – Park only at outdoor arena
· Events can be held at the outdoor arena
o Hosts are responsible to ensure Social distancing standards are being followed.
o An event form must be submitted and approved by the board for any events.
o Event forms must show anticipated number of recipients and how social distancing is planned.
· Hosts must have the names and numbers of participants before their event when possible, any unexpected attendees must be recorded. Suggest pre-registration for events. The list of attendees must be submitted to YAS immediately following their event. Failure to comply will result in host’s inability to hold events while COVID restriction remain in place. Submit to Donna Lowe.
o Washrooms can be used for events, but it is the responsibility of the host to provide disinfectant, and clean before, between use, and after the event as well as making sure they are stocked.
· Open riding prices still apply for the outdoor (please refer to website)
BOOKING THE ARENA:
· All bookings must be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
· E-mail must include:
o Indoor/Outdoor arena
o Duration (maximum of 3 hours)
o List of everyone in booking
o Payment is made at the arena in the drop boxes provided
Volunteers going in to groom the arena will be provided with gloves and wipes when operating the tractor or watering the grounds. Ground maintenance will be done outside of booking timeslots and not during the ½ hour between bookings. Approved groomers can groom before your booking and right after your booking and must wear the gloves and wipes provided as long as it does not interfere with a booking before or after you.
The rules above may change at any time; we will keep our members updated to changes as Alberta re-opens in the various stages and we will make changes accordingly.
If you have any questions, please contact Trina Swerbus at 780-712-2813 or Scott MacRae at 780-723-0910.
Thank you for your patience as we try to work through the COVID-19 requirements.
Yellowhead Ag Society
Has your YAS membership expired?
Memberships go from September to September each year. Please remember to renew. 2020 yas membership.pdf